Today I had my three hour glucose tolerance test, and so I had a lot of time to think about things that I miss about SLC. A few years ago I never would have thought that there would be anything to miss about the wasatch front, but after a few weeks in Texas, there are some things that are making me nostalgic….
1. The Utah Shop Hop: I can’t say how much gas I burned making sure that I made it to every store on the list, but I always felt like I had a very productive week-end when I turned in my passport on Saturday afternoon. For those as crazy as me, this year’s shop hop is next week-end!
2. The cost of milk: I thought milk was pretty uniform, but alas no. Milk costs $3.29/gallon at costco, and you can’t get a two gallon set at costco here. I know I get no sympathy from Christina who is paying $5.00/gallon in NS, but still, I experienced some sticker shock when I got here!
3. Rocky Anderson: Now don’t get me wrong, Rocky annoys me to no end, but it always gave Doug and I something to talk about at lunch!
4. Sarcasm: I’m sure I’ll find other sarcastic people eventually, but for right now, all I’ve encountered are genuinely happy, upbeat people … curse all this sunshine!
5. The SLC grid system. As Doug says “God knows how to design a city!”
6. Doctor’s who trust the 26 week 1 hour Glucose test: I hate the test, and having to take it again and failing it so that I have to take the 3 hour test is a little obnoxious. Thankfully I have a husband who loves me enough to load me up on one last hurrah of sugar in between testing and receiving the test results!