Another week-end, another cooking class. This time it was just me and Andrea, because apparently the idea of a class devoted completely to lobster was repulsive to Dixie! Oh well, her loss. The lobster was great, but I think the best part of this class was the grape truffles. They are very easy and very tasty.
Red Grapes (don’t use green because the color shows through)
Melted chocolate (buy something nice, it will make a difference)
Cocoa powder (again, try something nice)
– wash and thouroughly dry the grapes, and place them in the freezer for 30 minutes.
– melt the chocolate and let it cool slightly.
– pour the chocolate over the grapes and mix by hand
– place the chocolate covered grapes on a cookie sheet and cover in cocoa. Shake the cookie sheet around so that the grapes are completely covered. Place in the fridge until ready to serve. They should last in the fridge for about five days.
– These need to be served chilled because that’s what keeps the chocolate hard.