So, today is Doug’s Thanksgiving potluck at work, and he signed up to bring dessert. By signing up, I think it was implied that I would be the one actually making the dessert. Don’t worry about the “fairness” of it all. I may have ben up late ito the night baking, but he was responsible for all of the transportation logistics! Plus, he had to figure out how to undo the pan!
So, here is what I make when I’m looking for something that will appear somewhat fancy. Also, if there are leftovers, it tastes great the next day:
Sylvia’s triple chocolate cheesecake
1 cup Chocolate cookie crumbs
¼ cup melted butter
– combine and press into a 9″ springform pan and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes
3 packages cream cheese
¾ cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
¾ cup melted chocolate chips
¾ cup melted white chocolate chips
1 tsp. almond filling
– Cream cheese and sugar
– Add eggs one at a time, mixing between each egg
– Add vanilla
– Divide batter in half
– Add melted chocolate chips to one half, mix and place in the pan to make the bottom layer
– Add melted white chocolate chips and almond flavoring to other half. Mix and pour on top of chocolate layer.
– Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
– Reduce heat to 250 degrees for 45 minutes
¾ cup of cream
1 ½ cups chocolate chips
– Heat cream on low heat until hot
– add chocolate chips and stir until smooth
– Pour over cooled cake
If you’re in the mood for a bit of chocolate, this should hit the spot. Also, if you happen to be out of almond extract you can use cherry extract. Apparently, no one can tell the difference (at least that’s what I hear, but I’m still in denial).